In case you’re staying up to date with the latest releases of Visual Studio 2015 (still in CTP mode), the CTP 5 release is now available for download:
- Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2015 CTP (exe, iso)
- Remote Tools for Visual Studio 2015 CTP (x86, x64, arm)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 SDK CTP (exe)
- Multibyte MFC Library for Visual Studio 2015 CTP (exe)
This release contains some new features around debugging, diagnostics, the XAML language service and ASP.NET 5.
XAML Language Service – this service now sits on top of the .NET Compiler Platform (“Roslyn”) providing you with a fast and reliable XAML editing experience, including IntelliSense.
Timeline Tool – the new Timeline Tool (in the Performance and Diagnostics Hub) replaces the XAML UI Responsiveness Tool.
Diagnostics Tools – a new Diagnostics Tool window now appears when you start debugging which includes the following:
- Debugger Events (with IntelliTrace)
- Memory Usage
- CPU Usage (note: this tool replaces the CPU time PerfTip that was available in the Preview release of Visual Studio 2015)
ASP.NET – performance improvements, as well as some new features, have been added for AS.NET 5, including:
- References to standard C# projects are now supported
- Support for client-side task runners (e.g. Grunt and Gulp) has been improved
- You can now select the web browser to use for running/debugging ASP.NET 5 projects
- Ability to define custom commands in project.json files
For more details, check out these links:
- Visual Studio 2015 CTP 5 Available (The Visual Studio Blog)
- Visual Studio 2015 CTP 5
- Visual Studio 2005 CTP Fixed Bugs and Known Issues