A new update has been released for Visual Studio 2010 (client only) called the “Visual Studio 2010 SP1 TFS Compatibility GDR”. There are several fixes and improvements in this update, including (as taken from Brian Harry’s blog post):
- The update gets its name from the fact that it includes changes necessary to the Visual Studio 2010 client to allow it to work with a TFS 11 server – including the Team Foundation Service Preview (a.k.a. TFS on Windows Azure).
- The biggest “news” is the addition of support for multi-line test steps in Microsoft Test Manager. It’s mentioned in the #1 suggestion for Visual Studio Test and Lab Management.
- KB2522890 – Team Explorer Crashes when opening build from TFS 2008.
- KB2552300 – Gated Check-ins fail with the “Preserve local Changes” option.
- KB2561827 – Diff/Merge closes with unhandled exception when comparing two files.
Pre-requisite: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 must be installed prior to installing this update.
Download: This update can be downloaded here.
Once the update has been installed, the version for DevEnv.exe should be 10.0.40219.1.