A new version of the Team Foundation Sidekicks utilities has been released. Version 1.1 introduces a new History Sidekick as well as a new user interface where all Sidekicks are now available within a single UI.
The History Sidekick application pane provides the following features:
- View version control tree with files and folders (similar to Source Control Explorer)
- Search item (file or folder) by name and select found item in version control tree
- View selected item history either for all users or filtered by user
- Compare file versions selected in history
- View selected item properties and pending changes
- View selected item branches tree and selected branch properties
- View selected item merge history; it is possible to view separately all merges performed with selected item as a merge target (merges to) or with selected item as a source (merges from)
- Compare merge target and source file versions in history
- View selected item merge candidates in a tree view; it is possible to select single merge source from the list
- Compare merge candidate file version with latest version of target file
- View selected item labels either for all users or filtered by user; the information displayed includes item version in label
- Compare file versions between two labels
I have to say that I’ve been using the original Sidekick utilities for a while now and they just keep getting better and better. Thanks go to Attrice for providing these utilities.