The latest release of the Team Foundation Server 2010 Power Tools are now available for download:
There are several new features in this release of the tools, including:
- Admin Console Backup/Restore Wizard – you can now quickly and easily setup a backup schedule from within the Team Foundation Server Administration Console.
- View With – this feature adds a new context menu item, View With…, to the Source Control Explorer (SCE) window in Visual Studio 2010 giving you the ability to view a file, directly from the SCE, using a non-default application (e.g. Notepad, etc.). You can also change the default application for a given file extension.
- Clone Build Definition – this feature provides the ability to right-click a build definition and create a copy of it. This will be a nice time saver for anyone who has to create multiple but similar builds.
- Copy Work Item Shortcut – this is a new context menu item for the results of a work item search. This allows you to easily copy one or more work item hyperlinks to the Windows clipboard which can then be pasted into an e-mail message, etc.
- TFPT Branches – a new “branches” command has been added to the TFPT command line utility. This command mimics similar branching functionality available in Visual Studio 2010 today providing command line access.