TFVC vs. TF-Git Survey Results

OneDrive, Surveys, TF-Git, TFS, TFVC
Several weeks ago I posted a survey asking for your thoughts about Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC) vs. Git within Team Foundation Server/Service (TF-Git). With a total of 27 respondents, here are the results of the survey questions: Which version of Team Foundation Server are you using? I have to admit that I find it interesting that 45% of the respondents are using Team Foundation Service. It would be interesting to see if this statistic holds with a larger group of TFS customers. What is your primary version control repository? In this case, about 70% are using TFVC with the remaining 30% using Git. This will be an interesting statistic to follow over the next few years as Git gains popularity, and capabilities, within TFS. If you are using TFVC…
Read More

TFVC vs. TF-Git – A Quick Survey

OneDrive, Surveys, TF-Git, TFS, TFVC
I’ve been giving a lot of thought lately about whether it would make sense for our application development teams to make the move to Team Foundation Git (TF-Git) as the primary version control choice within TFS. We are still using TFS 2010 as our primary TFS instance today although we have several projects in Team Foundation Service (TFService) as part of a pilot.  As we make preparations to move to TFS 2013 (we have not yet decided if we’ll host TFS 2013 on premises or if we’ll make exclusive use of the TFService) we are putting some thought into whether or not we should make the leap to TF-Git. There are plenty of pros and cons regardless of which option is chosen.  For example, TF-Git is very well suited for…
Read More